5.25.2007

Tuesday Market and Champion's League Final

Its been a while since I last posted, so I have alot to cover. On Tuesday, we went to Tuesday market. This is a local market where Florentines buy produce, breads, and cheeses, as well as, other household items. We were all assigned an item to find and buy in the market. The only problem was that our instructions were in Italian. Eventually, after asking many vendors, I discovered that ciliege means cherry. After everyone collected their items, we met together and had a pick nick. It was cool to get to try alot of the local specialties. We had free time that afternoon, so some of us ventured into the city.
Wednesday as just another day of classes, but Jeremy took some of us out to get pizza at Gallo's. This pizza is amazing! After dinner, a few of us went into Florence to watch the Champion's League final between AC Milan and Liverpool at a bar (not in the sense that you are thinking). This was definitely a new experience, in that people were shouting and singing in a language completely foreign to me. AC Milan won.

2 comments:

Brent Norton said...

I was very satisfied with AC Milan winning...I bought a real AC Milan jersey earlier last semester so..I supported...it was a good game...sounds like its going well

Anonymous said...

The market sounds like something I would enjoy. Hope you have a good weekend!
Love and miss you,
Mom